A cellular phone with a video camera and no memory card is all we had. The performances at the AfroFuturist Affair‘s MUSEUM OF TIME costume ball were one after another solid, so we regretfully mention that all we have to show for is this sole capture of Alex Smith reading with Shane Jenkins performing audio. And yet it is plenty.
9 Awesome Things Planned for the Museum of Time Tomorrow:
9. Live video streaming of the event at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/alienscience
7. TimeBinders Afterbash @ MythMedia Studio
6. Mini-maskmaking workshop with BluDahlia
5. Adult AfroFuturist Facepainting with Rell Stylez and nebulusflaiiir
4. Tarot Card readings with Intuitive Expressions
3. Prizes for Best Costummmeeeeeeesss!
2. Guest Appearance by Presidential Candidate @Peta Lindsay
1. Everything else! Art, music, author readings, photos, time traveling, wine, vending, projections, elevation…
$10 advance donation at museumoftime.eventbrite.com!
The Museum of Time is a space where different modes of time (past, present, and future and any and all combinations therein and thereout), are bought forward or backward into the present through the preservation of energy in artifacts and through the persistence of memory in flesh and through blood.
The Museum of Time is Every-when and No-when simultaneously, enacting all possible times in all possible permutations. While most museums are limited to the here/now/then/there, in The Museum of Time, there are interactions with varied modes/forms/theories/visions of time through music, art, story, fashion, and exchange of thoughts and ideas.
Once you step inside the non-local capsule of The MoT, you become Master Traveler, Manipulator, Alchemist, God-Is, and/or Magician of Time, crafting it and displacing it however you see fit. The singular requirement is that you share your visions with the other Masters in the room.